- Coach transfer from airport on arrival and departure
- 7 nights half-board in a hostel situated in the historic heart of Paris
- Paris Transport pass for a week (metro, bus, tramway & funicular)
- Pre-booked entry to the Sainte Chapelle
- Pre-booked entry to the Pompidou centre
- Pre-booked entry for visit of the Invalides
- Pre-booked visit to the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Pre-booked visit of the Orsay museum
- Bateau mouchecruise on the River Seine
- Pre-booked visit of the Louvre museum
- Pre-booked visit to the Château de Versailles (including RER transport)
- Whole day either at Parc Astérix or Disneyland (pre-booked)
- Preparation of detailed itineraries with plans, maps and instructions to assist the teacher with discovery walks:
- Notre Dame de Paris, (followed by the booked visit to the Sainte Chapelle), and to the Pompidou centre (visit optional but view enjoyed by everyone)
- Visit of Montmartre (Sacré Cœur, Place du Tertre)
- Visit the district of the Opéra Garnier (visit of the Opéra optional) and the “Les Grands Magasins”
- Visit of Le Marais district (Place des Vosges, Place de la Bastille, rue des Rosiers, Hôtel de Sully)
- From the Place de la Concorde, Jardin des Tuileries, Champs Elysées, Arc de Triomphe
- After visiting the Louvre – Rue de Rivoli, Place Vendôme…
Group of 20: $990 per student
The programmes proposed are given as an example (representing what most schools tend to choose in our experience). Obviously modifications can be requested by the teacher, as long as they remain within the basic cost framework.
For all the groups, we have included 2 teachers Free of Charge sharing one room.
Please note that home stay arrangements are only possible during French term time.
ONE WEEK IN PROVENCE: (7 days)
- TGV from Paris to Aix en Provence
- 6 nights half-board in a hostel (3 days Aix + 4 days Avignon)
- Guided visit of Aix en Provence, including “in the footsteps of Cézanne”, and an exploration of the historic part of the town.
- Whole day in Marseille (return by bus): guided visit of the historic part of the city, including Roman remains, and boat trip (weather permitting) out to the Château d’If of Monte Cristo fame.
- By coach to Avignon, and exploring the Lubéron on the way (Gordes, Roussillon, Fontaine de Vaucluse)
- Guided visit and exploration of Avignon (Palais des Papes, Pont d’Avignon, Rocher des Doms)
- Whole day coach excursion to Arles including Van Gogh museum? Then les Baux de Provence village and castle
- Full day coach excursion to discover Le Pont du Gard and Nîmes.
- Return to Paris by TGV
Group of 20: $1120 per student
We can include Vaison la Romaine and the largest of all the Provencal markets; the Camargue, with it fabulous bird sanctuary, and the walled town of Aigues Mortes…). Other regions such as Brittany, the Loire Valley, may be preferred).
ONE WEEK IN PARIS (as per above) + LONG WEEK-END HOME STAY IN NEVERS + 2 DAYS EXPLORING THE SOMME BATTLEFIELDS & THE AUSTRALIAN MEMORIAL SITES (home stay for language students)
- Train to Nevers on Friday afternoon: welcome by families
- 5 nights full-board with home stay families including weekend
- Monday morning at school (college or lycée depending on the age of the group), and an afternoon visit of Nevers
- Tuesday presentation and discovery of life in a small town
- Return to Paris Wednesday morning
- Coach tour 2 days exploring the WW1 Somme Battlefields, visit to Villers-Bretonneux and its museum, as well as the “Historical” of the Great War in Péronne.
- 1 night half-board in 2-star hotel
Group of 20: Total for the 2 weeks: $1685 per student
The programme can be modified as requested by the teacher e.g. to remain in Paris for the last two days, go to Normandy or Verdun: costs will be adjusted according to programme.
ONE WEEK IN PARIS (as per above) + ONE WEEK HOME STAY IN NEVERS (language students)
- Train to Nevers on Friday afternoon; welcome by families
- 7 nights full-board with home stay families including weekend
- Monday morning at school (college or lycée depending on the age of the group) and afternoon visit of Nevers
- Tuesday full day excursion to Bourges, visit of the beautiful town and its World Heritage cathedral
- Wednesday presentation and discovery of life in a small town
- Thursday full day excursion to visit Vezelay World Heritage site and the Château de Bazoches (of Vauban fame) and inhabited for 4 centuries by the same family.
- Friday train back to Paris
Group of 20: Total for the 2 weeks: $1235 per student
All above are indicative as each group is different and we will quote as per your tailor-made itinerary
6 Dec 2011
To Book or Enquire
Please call us now on +61 (0)2 9247 4233 or 04 1491 4746
Alternatively, you can Skype us about this holiday by clicking the button below.