VL1 Luminous - 10H
Daily departures from Tours at 9.00.
Adult $232.88 / Child -12 y.o. $208.28 / -7 y.o. $131.20
Visit of the CHATEAU of AZAY-LE-RIDEAU. Built in the sixteenth century on an island in the middle of the river Indre in the most beautiful countryside, this château is one of the best examples of Renaissance architecture we have. Punctuated by towers and turrets, the two right-angle wings show the perfect combination of traditional elements and features borrowed from Italian art. The furnished apartments are decorated with a marvellous collection of Flemish and French tapestries from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
Then, visit of the GARDENS of VILLANDRY, which surround the last great châteaux built on the banks of the Loire like some vast Renaissance jewellery box. Walk through one of the most beautiful gardens in France, constructed on three levels:
- The water garden, with its cloister of lime trees;
- The decorative flower garden, made up of the "garden of love," the "garden of music" and the "jardin des simples."
- The kitchen garden covers 12,500 m2, in an authentic multi-coloured checkerboard, divided into nine squares where vegetables and fruit trees are planted symmetrically.
Lunch in Tours.
In the afternoon departure for the second part of your tour for:
Visit of the CHATEAU OF CHENONCEAU. Built in the sixteenth century, this is one of the purest early French Renaissance style works.
Constructed on the foundations of an ancient fortified water mill in the river bed itself, the square main building forms the original château. On the “Pont de Diane” bridge stands the two-level gallery of Catherine de Medici.
A stroll through the French gardens makes a pleasant end to your visit.
Then on to CHAMBORD
Visit of the CHATEAU of CHAMBORD. More than four centuries after its construction, Chambord still defies the imagination: 156 metres of stone façades, 56 metres high, and 440 rooms.
Built like a fortress with its castle keep and curtain wall, its Gothic roofs bristling with chimneys, turrets and dormers, it looks like something straight out of the great tales of chivalry.
Around 19.00 Back to Tours
- Transportation in an air conditioned minibus with driver
- Entrances to the chateaux
- Lunch (drinks not included)
- Transportation to and from Tours.
- Guide in the chateaux