OPB20 - Bordeaux Grands Crus Discovery Collection - 4 days/3 nights - $1782.84 per person (twin share), single supplement $634.12 (minimum 2 persons)
Departure from Bordeaux
March to November 2016
Day 1 Arrival in Bordeaux
Check in at your centrally located hotel. Overnight.
Day 2 Full day Great Cabernets of the Medoc Wine Tour
After breakfast, head towards the famous Medoc wine region. During this full day tour you will experience 3 visits and wine tasting sessions in Classified Growth or Cru Bourgeois estates that have been carefully selected for their exceptional setting and quality of wine. During these visits you will learn all there is to know about the history of the estates, the wine making process as well as the techniques used during the wine making. The visits are followed by a wine tasting session. The wineries are usually located in Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac or the Saint Estèphe appellations. During your day you will also follow the castle road to admire some of the most famous chateaux such as Chateau Margaux, Chateau Palmer or Chateau Pichon Longueville. Return in Bordeaux. Overnight.
Day 3 Full day Merlot Wines of Saint-Emilion & Pomerol Wine Tour
Breakfast then depart for the Saint-Emilion wine region and enjoy a visit and wine tasting in a famous Classified Growth Chateau of the Pomerol or Saint-Emilion appellation. Then, arrive in the village of Saint-Emilion and enjoy a guided walking tour with your guide to discover the main monuments of this quaint hilltop village. During your free time for lunch and personal discovery, why not discover the underground monuments of Saint-Emilion? In the afternoon experience another visit and wine tasting session in one of our selected Classified Chateaux of Saint-Emilion. Return in Bordeaux. Overnight.
Day 4 Bordeaux
Breakfast, end of our services.
- Private arrival and departure transfers in Bordeaux
- Accommodation in 4**** hotel, double room sharing
- Breakfast from day 2 to 4
- Services of an experienced English speaking driver/wine guide
- Semi private tour: Great Cabernets of the Medoc
- Semi private tour: Merlot wines of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol
- 6 carefully selected Chateau visits
- All tasting fees in the Chateaux
- Small group tour of 8 passengers maximum
- Entrance fees other than mentioned in the program
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses and insurance
- Gratuities for the driver guide
Order of the days 2 and 3 can be modified