ONE WEEK IN PARIS: (8 days)
- Coach transfer from airport on arrival and departure
- 7 nights half-board in a hostel situated in the historic heart of Paris
- Paris Transport pass for a week (metro, bus, tramway & funicular)
- Pre-booked entry to the Sainte Chapelle
- Pre-booked entry to the Pompidou centre
- Pre-booked entry for visit of the Invalides
- Pre-booked visit to the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Pre-booked visit of the Orsay museumA�
- Bateau mouche cruise on the River Seine
- Pre-booked visit of the Louvre museum
- Pre-booked visit to the ChA?teau de Versailles (including RER transport)
- Whole day either at Parc AstA�rix orA�Disneyland (pre-booked)
- Preparation of detailed itineraries with plans, maps and instructions to assist the teacher with discovery walks:
- Notre Dame de Paris, (followed by the booked visit to the Sainte Chapelle), and to the Pompidou centre (visit optional but view enjoyed by everyone)
- Visit of Montmartre (SacrA� CA�ur, Place du Tertre)
- Visit the district of the OpA�ra Garnier (visit of the OpA�ra optional) and the a�?Les Grands Magasinsa�?
- Visit of Le Marais district (Place des Vosges, Place de la Bastille, rue des Rosiers, HA?tel de Sully)
- From the Place de la Concorde, Jardin des Tuileries, Champs ElysA�es, Arc de Triomphe
- After visiting the Louvre a�� Rue de Rivoli, Place VendA?mea��
Group of 20: $1550 per studentA�A�A�A�A�
The programmes proposed are given as an example (representing what most schools tend to choose in our experience). Obviously modifications can be requested by the teacher, as long as they remain within the basic cost framework.
For all the groups, we have included 2 teachers Free of Charge sharing one room.
Please note that home stay arrangements are only possible during French term time.
ONE WEEK IN PROVENCE: (7 days)
- TGV from Paris to Aix en Provence
- 6 nights half-board in a hostel (3 days Aix + 4 days Avignon)
- Guided visit of Aix en Provence, including a�?in the footsteps of CA�zannea�?, and an exploration of the historic part of the town.
- Whole day in Marseille (return by bus): guided visit of the historic part of the city, including Roman remains, and boat trip (weather permitting) out to the ChA?teau da��If of Monte Cristo fame.
- By coach to Avignon, and exploring the LubA�ron on the way (Gordes, Roussillon, Fontaine de Vaucluse)
- Guided visit and exploration of Avignon (Palais des Papes, Pont da��Avignon, Rocher des Doms)
- Whole day coach excursion to Arles including Van Gogh museum? Then les Baux de Provence village and castle
- Full day coach excursion to discover Le Pont du Gard and NA�mes.
- Return to Paris by TGV
Group of 20:A�$1750 per student
We can include Vaison la Romaine and the largest of all the Provencal markets; the Camargue, with it fabulous bird sanctuary, and the walled town of Aigues Mortesa��). Other regions such as Brittany, the Loire Valley, may be preferred).A�A�
ONE WEEK IN PARIS (as per above) + LONG WEEK-END HOME STAY IN NEVERS + 2 DAYS EXPLORING THE SOMME BATTLEFIELDS & THE AUSTRALIAN MEMORIAL SITES (home stay for language students)
- Train to Nevers on Friday afternoon: welcome by families
- 5 nights full-board with home stay families including weekend
- Monday morning at school (college or lycA�e depending on the age of the group), and an afternoon visit of Nevers
- Tuesday presentation and discovery of life in a small town
- Return to Paris Wednesday morning
- Coach tour 2 days exploring the WW1 Somme Battlefields, visit to Villers-Bretonneux and its museum, as well as the a�?Historicala�? of the Great War in PA�ronne.
- 1 night half-board in 2-star hotel
Group of 20: Total for the 2 weeks: $2625 per student
The programme can be modified as requested by the teacher e.g. to remain in Paris for the last two days, go to Normandy or Verdun: costs will be adjusted according to programme.
ONE WEEK IN PARIS (as per above) + ONE WEEK HOME STAY IN NEVERS (language students)
- Train to Nevers on Friday afternoon; welcome by families
- 7 nights full-board with home stay families including weekend
- Monday morning at school (college or lycA�e depending on the age of the group) and afternoon visit of Nevers
- Tuesday full day excursion to Bourges, visit of the beautiful town and its World Heritage cathedral
- Wednesday presentation and discovery of life in a small town
- Thursday full day excursion to visit Vezelay World Heritage site and the ChA?teau de Bazoches (of Vauban fame) and inhabited for 4 centuries by the same family.
- Friday train back to Paris
Group of 20: Total for the 2 weeks: $1925 per student
All above are indicative as each group is different and we will quote as per your tailor-made itinerary
29 Jan 14